We had french toast for dinner last night. I made a yummy homemade maple syrup to go on it. It wasn't as thick as store bought syrup but it tasted the same. Here's the recipe so you can try it.
1 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp imitation maple flavor
2 tsp butter
Stir water and sugars together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium/high heat. Reduce to medium/low and stir in butter and maple flavoring. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Let cool.
Yummy.
4 comments:
That is awesome! We had pancakes for dinner last night haha. I bought some maple flavoring a while back but my recipe called for karo syrup and I didn't have any so I haven't made it. Your recipe sounds yummy I will have to try it!
Sounds yummy! Homemade stuff always tastes better than store bought.
Yummy! I love breakfast for dinner!
We had pancakes for dinner last night. They are so quick and easy and nobody complains. :) We make our own syrup also:) 2c. sugar 1c. water boil then turn off heat and add a capfull of both maple and vanilla extract:)
Post a Comment