"There are two types of pain you will go through in life, the pain of discipline and the pain of regret."
— Jim Rohn
This is a thought that a missionary friend of ours used in his talk this past week. Hannah said it is also hanging on the wall in her gym class at school. It really made me think when I heard it, I guess because it applies to everything in life. The first thing I thought of was the pain I have been having with my lower back. If I had been disciplined I would have stayed physically fit throughout my life and would not have to work so hard at it now, I am suffering the pain of regret for that. There is also the disclipline to do what is right no matter the consequences. Sometimes even when you choose to do the right thing, people get upset with you and you may suffer. NO REGRETS though, because choosing to ignore a situation or to look the other way will always cause the pain of regret. You could have done something about the situation and instead you choose to ignore it. The pain of regret is always heavier than the pain of discipline.
3 comments:
NO REGRETS! Love your post today:) I also regret not taking care of my physical health but I have learned so much on my journey to a healthier life. I have also learned a lot about standing up for what I believe is right.Those who have the ability to take action have the responsibilty to take action!
I agree, no regrets! I'm sorry to hear about you back pain. Have you tried yoga yet? I do mine EVERY day and my pain is under control 200% better that last year. I couldn't even lift my feet high enough to get in bed. The kids had to help me. It was horrible! Try "AM and PM Yoga for beginners" by Elaina Brower its fabulous and easy. Love ya, Teresa
Such a great quote! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment