Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 can (26oz. family size) Chicken with Rice Soup
1 can (14-15 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
29-32 oz. chicken or vegetable broth (box, can, or homemade!)
2 cans (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 cup salsa, your favorite
2 cans (15 oz.) black beans, undrained
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Combine all ingredients, except for the chicken, in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Add chicken; heat through. Top with corn chips and cheese.
It's a pretty flexible recipe too, I threw in some leftover corn and rice from the fridge.
**Also if you have a Bosch you should check out this video from the Everyday Food Storage Blog about shredding chicken with your Bosch. I was SO excited! I cooked some chicken, shredded it all up in just a few seconds and packaged it for the freezer to use in this yummy soup later.
2 comments:
I have to agree that this soup is sooo yummy and was perfect for yesterday. Brandon LOVES it! He was so excited when I brought some home last night :)
This is an awesome recipe, I love easy new ideas! Thanks
Post a Comment